Please read these rules before entering the Sweepstakes. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
- ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age or older on, or before Tuesday January 31st, 2023 (the “Entrant”). Employees, officers and directors of Kansas City Actors Theatre, (referred to as “KCAT” or the “Sponsor”) or members of their households are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes or be awarded a Prize (as defined below). All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations of the United States apply. This Sweepstakes is void wherever prohibited by law.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The 2023 KANSAS CITY ACTORS THEATRE BROADWAY VACATION SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00 a.m. CST on 11/25/22 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on 2/28/23 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- METHOD OF ENTRY: There are two methods of entry: (i) you will be automatically entered if you purchase an Early-Bird Subscription for KCAT’s 19th Season (the 2023-24 season); or (ii) you may enter by accessing the Sweepstakes’ official entry form during the Sweepstakes Period, which you can pick up at the KCAT office, 30 W Pershing Road, Suite 650 Kansas City, MO 64108 during regular business hours. You must complete the entire official entry form in order to be eligible to win. Only one entry per Entrant will be accepted into the Sweepstakes. Entries submitted or completed by anyone other than the Entrant are void. No mechanical reproductions or automated entries will be accepted. In the event of multiple entries, the first entry by an Entrant will be accepted and all other entries from that Entrant will be deemed void. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email/postal addresses, accounts, telephone numbers, identities, and/or any other method employed to circumvent the letter and spirit of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification of that Entrant from participation in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor will not verify receipt of your entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries submitted, become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. To be automatically entered, you must purchase your KCAT Early-Bird Season 19 Subscription for the 2023-24 Season during the Sweepstakes Period.
- WINNING/ODDS: The odds of winning are contingent upon the number of qualified entries received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period. On or about February 28th, 2023, a random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to choose one Prize Winner.
- PRIZE: One (1) Prize Package consists of the following:
- Round-trip coach airfare for two from and return to Kansas City International Airport (MCI) on Southwest Airlines to New York City LaGuardia (LGA) or Newark International airport (ERW); days and times at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Efforts will be made to honor Winner’s request, subject to availability. Winner agrees to select two potential date options no later than two months prior to the earliest date option selection.
- Hotel or apartment accommodations for two persons for three (3) nights at Sponsor’s sole discretion; if hotel is selected, it will be rated three stars or higher at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Tickets for two (2) to a Broadway show at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Effort will be made to honor Winner’s request, subject to availability.The Approximate Retail Value of the Prize is US $1,500. Actual retail value will depend on each Winner’s place of residence, date and time of travel and airfare fluctuations. Winner will not receive difference between approximate and actual retail value. The value of a Prize is taxable in the United States as ordinary income to the Winner who is solely responsible for the payment of all taxes levied, including, but not limited to federal, state and local income and/or gift taxes. All unspecified and/or related travel, parking, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades and any other unspecified costs and expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.Prize Travel Dates offered to Potential Winner are subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion; provided travel must be completed by November 13, 2023. Winner’s travel companion must be of the age of majority unless such Winner is travel companion’s parent or legal guardian. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary and travel companion must sign a travel/liability release in a form furnished by Sponsor prior to ticketing. Sponsor is not liable for delays, cancellation, or unforeseen events related to the flights. Winner and travel companion will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the Prize package, including identification to travel on airline at hotel check in and when picking up theater ticket at box office. Sponsor will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
- WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: Potential Winner will be notified by telephone or email on or about March 1st, 2023 (“Notification”). Potential Winner must respond to the Notification within seven (7) days from when it is placed or sent by Sponsor. If the Potential Winner does not respond in accordance with these Official Rules, or if he/she is otherwise ineligible as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, and he/she will be notified as outlined above. As required by law, rule or ordinance, the notification process will be undertaken by Sponsor until a Potential Winner is determined. The Potential Winner will be required to complete and return the Required Documents as set forth below.
- PRIZE CLAIMS: Except where prohibited by law, a Potential Winner must submit proof of identity, a valid identification (driver’s license or passport) and execute and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W9, submitted with a copy of government issued identification with photograph (the “Required Documents”) .
- USE OF NAME AND LIKENESS: By entering this Sweepstakes, Winner consents to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, image, likeness, picture, portrait, and or any statements made by such Winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor (regardless of method of production) for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. No more than one prize package will be awarded.
- GENERAL: All federal, state and local taxes levied on account of a Winner are the sole responsibility of such Winner. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree: [a] to abide by, and be bound by, these Official Rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of their respective officers, directors, managers, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, members, shareholders, insurers, servants, divisions, predecessors, successors, representatives, dealers, distributors, advertising, Sweepstakes, and fulfillment agencies, including the consultants and legal advisors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind including liability for personal injury or death resulting from the participation in this Sweepstakes or Winner’s acceptance, use or misuse of a prize awarded pursuant to these Official Rules; Winner assumes the risk associated with the participation in this Sweepstakes and the use of the Prize awarded; and that the decisions of Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes and the Prizes shall be final and binding in all respects, including without limitation the interpretation of these Official Rules.Released Parties shall not be liable for [i] electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction of this Sweepstakes; [ii] unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; [iii] technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions; and [iv] limitations of any kind or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof.Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, damaged, misdirected, or illegible entries or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Released Parties that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted, corrupted, postponed or cancelled. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that the Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to, by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrant or Sponsor. Entries that contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate, forged, defective, or made outside authorized ways, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of being executed in accordance with these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken by Sponsor, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, the online entry will be assigned to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry.“Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom an email address is assigned by either an Internet Service Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. Google, business or educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain name associated with the submitted email address. Federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations may apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- CHOICE OF LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants’, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Jackson County, Missouri in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to this Sweepstakes.
- SPONSOR: Kansas City Actors Theater, 30 W Pershing, Suite 650 Kansas City, MO 64108
- PRIZE PROVIDER: same as 12 above
- WINNERS’ LIST REQUEST: To receive name of prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped (business size) envelope to: KC Actors Theatre ATTN: Subscriber Sweepstakes Winner, Box 414260, Kansas City, MO 64141 to be received by Sponsor on or before 5:00 p.m. CT on May 30, 2023.
- RULES: You may also obtain a copy of these Official Rules by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address in paragraph 14 above on or before May 31, 2023. This offer shall not be published without permission of the Sponsor.