As we prepare to open the first show of our incredible Season 18 this May, we wanted to make you aware of changes in our COVID-19 Safety Measure and Protocols. These protocols were put in place to keep you, your family, our staff, performers, technicians, and audience members safe.
- Proof of Vaccination. Kansas City Actors Theatre will be requiring proof of vaccination (per CDC definition) for admittance into all upcoming productions. Proof of vaccination must be presented either with your physical vaccination card, or digitally through your phone before you will be permitted to enter the lobby of the City Stage in Union Station. KCAT is still requiring all performers, staff, members of the production team, and volunteers to be vaccinated.
- Negative PCR Test: Kansas City Actors Theatre will be accepting proof of negative FDA authorized PCR COVID-19 tests as an alternative to proof of vaccination. This test must be taken within 72 hours of the performance start-time. Photo ID will be required when showing a negative PCR test for entry.
- Masks. Kansas City Actors Theatre encourages, but does not require, masks inside the City Stage lobby and theater. All KCAT staff and volunteers will continue to wear masks in the City Stage lobby.
- Less Paper. To help limit the transmission of COVID-19 through surfaces we will not be administering paper tickets. In addition, we will have the option of either virtual or paper programs. There will be a QR code before you enter the theater which will provide a virtual program on your personal mobile device. Paper programs will still be available through contactless pickup for those who do not wish to use the virtual programs. These paper programs will not be reused as they have been in previous years.
- Blankets. As some of you know the City Stage can get pretty cold, for the Fall and Winter we will no longer be offering blankets for use inside the theater. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own.
- Cleaning. We have added additional cleaning measure to better prevent the spread of COVID-19. Hand sanitizer is available throughout Union Station as well as the City Stage lobby. All high touch surfaces will be cleaned before and after each performance.